Helping you understand Welsh law

What is devolved?

The National Assembly may pass laws on:

  • Housing;
  • Housing finance except schemes supported from central or local funds which provide assistance for social security purposes to or in respect of individuals by way of benefits; 
  • Encouragement of home energy efficiency and conservation, otherwise than by prohibition or regulation; 
  • Regulation of rent; 
  • Homelessness; 
  • Residential caravans and mobile homes.

Although the National Assembly’s power to legislate in this area is very wide, the UK Parliament continues to be able to pass laws for Wales relating to housing, subject to it obtaining the National Assembly's consent.

The Welsh Ministers have a number of executive functions in this area.

There are currently no articles about this topic